Snapper with Zucchini and Dill
Our Molly's Cradle Pinot Gris recently won a Gold Medal at the 39th Sydney International Wine Competition. The wines are judged with food as the premise of the competition focuses on the idea that wine is usually best consumed with food.
The Pinot Gris was judged with a dish of Snapper with Zucchini and Dill prepared by chef Marcell Kustos. Try this for yourself with a couple glasses of our medal winning 2018 Pinot Gris!
Snapper with zucchini and dill
- 700 g zucchini, peeled, grated
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 1 bunch dill, fresh
- 140 ml milk
- 140 ml sour cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice/vinegar
8 fillets, steamed Snapper
- Peel and grate zucchinis.
- Add salt, set aside for 10 minutes and squeeze water out.
- Add oil to the pan, fry onion until translucent, add half of the dill.
- Add zucchini and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add milk.
- Mix sour cream and flour. Slowly add to the warm zucchini mix.
- Add lemon juice for desired acidity.
- Serve with fresh dill.
- In a medium pot, boil water and place a steaming basket with parchment paper.
- When the water is boiling steam the snapper fillets for 4 minutes.
- Serve the snapper on top of the zucchini puree.